This year’s Brainstorming theme is all about T.I.M.E. (Trends, Ideas, Momentum, Energy), and we know that there are a lot of you who have been waiting for a very long time to be able to attend our event and see for yourselves what thousands of MultifamilyPro’s have been raving about for all these years!
We’ve had contests before that allowed one or two lucky individuals to win free registration for Multifamilypro’s Brainstorming Sessions™, but this year feels like a good T.I.M.E. to pull out all the stops and award one WHOLE COMPANY the opportunity to send as many attendees as they wish, from 1, 10, 100 or 1,000 they will all attend FREE!
- The goal is to present your case online via multiple social media outlets and get as many unique individuals as possible to like, comment, tweet, re-tweet, and otherwise endorse your campaign to win! Post ,the reason why your company should win, on our wall,hash tag #mfbsconf ,blog or, You Tube channel .
- To enter the contest, have as many members of your company Like ,Post on our blog or tweet to us using hashtag #mfbsconf, then MENTIONING YOUR PARENT COMPANY BY NAME, Have each of your companies employees comment on the main post. Communities or subsidiaries must post under the parent company name.
- Each unique person who “LIKEs” Tweets on HashTag #mfsbconf , posts on the You Tube Channel or Blog the company’s main post or any comment on the post earns your company 1 POINT. Multiple comments by the same individual anywhere on your post will be counted only once throughout the contest.
- Each unique person who COMMENTS on the main post earns your company 2 POINTS. Comments by the same individual anywhere/anytime on your post will be counted only once throughout the contest.
- 5 BONUS PHOTO POINTS will be awarded for each comment that links to a unique photograph on Facebook or any other photo hosting site (Flikr, Picassa, Photobucket, etc.) that’s tagged “Multifamilypro’s Brainstorming Sessions” and presents your company’s case visually. Each unique photograph will count only once.
- 10 BONUS HOMEMADE VIDEO POINTS will be awarded for each comment on your post linking to a unique homemade video hosted anywhere online that presents your company’s case and includes “Multifamilypro’s Brainstorming Sessions” in the video’s title, description, keywords, or tags. Each unique video will count only once .
About our blog
- The goal is simple… just get as many individuals as possible post a comment that includes your company’s name somewhere on our Brainstorming Blog! We’re counting the number of INDIVIDUALS and not the number of posts, so only one comment received from each person will count.
- Be sure the individual includes your company name somewhere in the actual comment so we’ll know who gets the credit, and use only your parent company name and not a community or subsidiary name so there won’t be any confusion when the points are tallied.
- Participants may comment on ANY post, anywhere on the blog, and the comment should be relevant to the post.
- Each comment is worth ONE POINT to your company!
The contest begins NOW and will include all posts date/time stamped before midnight Eastern Time on Sunday, July 31, 2011. The winner will be announced on our website and all Multifamilypro social media outlets on Friday, August 5, 2011
Contest Terms: Only Property Management firms are eligible to win. Vendor/Service Provider employees may participate in comments that support the candidate company’s campaign, but are not eligible to participate as potential winners. The winning Property Management Company will receive unlimited, complimentary Brainstorming registration for all individuals who are directly employed by the winning parent company (vendors and contractors excluded). Optional Brainstorming programs (Trends Lunch or OptSum add-ons) are not included. Travel, lodging, and other expenses are the responsibility of the company or individual. Employees may register for either our Main Event or Executive Brainstorming Sessions, as appropriate to their position title/responsibility.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to all Multifamily Property Management professionals and organizations.
Entrants must be amateur artists and must not be at time of entry, during the Contest Period or at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and acceptance, a party to any agreement with any studio, production company or publishing company or any third party that might interfere with entrant’s participation in the Contest and /or acceptance of the Grand Prize awarded. Employees of Multifamilypro are not eligible.
By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Multifamilypro and by the decisions of Multifamilypro, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) to release and hold harmless Multifamilypro and its agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Multifamilypro reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is under a third party agreement which Multifamilypro deems as contradictory to the amateur nature of this Contest.
Promoter and Sponsor: Multifamilypro, 3010 Regal Oaks Blvd., Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes a participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
Entry Period: The “T.I.M.E.” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00 PM (ET) on July5, 2011 and ends at 11:59 P.M. (ET) on July 31th, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. (ET) on the last day of the month during the contest period.
Contest Overview: The Contest is a contest wherein entrants create a video (the “Contest Video”), share photos, post an idea on their blog using the promotional links provided, accompanying their own video,photo or blog. Creating and submitting the Idea entry is the sole responsibility of the entrant according to the manner specified in paragraphs 6, 7 & 8 within.
To Enter: A Contest entry consists of: (1) a video submission that follows the prescribed promotional script.
Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this Contest. Your video must meet the requirements set forth in Sections 6 and 7 below.
7. Contest Terms of Submission: As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by uploading a Submission, each Entrant: WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT OWNS ALL RIGHTS TO THE SUBMISSION HE/SHE IS ENTERING IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE VIDEO RECORDING, AND THE PERFORMANCE CONTAINED IN EACH SUBMISSION; WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT IS THE INDIVIDUAL PICTURED AND HEARD IN THE SUBMISSION, OR, ALTERNATIVELY, THAT THE ENTRANT HAS OBTAINED PERMISSION
FROM EACH PERSON WHO APPEARS IN THE SUBMISSION TO GRANT THE RIGHTS TO THE SPONSOR DESCRIBED IN THESE RULES, AND CAN MAKE WRITTEN COPIES OF SUCH PERMISSIONS AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSOR UPON REQUEST; WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT HIS/HER SUBMISSION(S): (a) ARE ORIGINAL TO THE ENTRANT AND HAVE BEEN LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, (b) DO NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR VIOLATE APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR NETWORK STANDARDS; (c) HAVE NOT BEEN ENTERED IN OR WON PREVIOUS CONTESTS OR AWARDS; AND (d) HAVE NOT BEEN PUBLISHED PREVIOUSLY IN ANY MEDIUM; Irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant’s or any other party’s name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and Submission, including, but not limited to, the video or digital recording and performances contained in any of the above items (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion), as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the Entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s (or any other party’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation (except if required by law), or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant and all other parties, forever waive any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sponsor’s use of the Entrant’s Submission or Additional Materials, or require the Entrant’s permission for Sponsor to use them for any purpose, and agree(s) to never sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor’s or the Sponsor’s use of Entrant’s Submission or the Additional Materials. Entrant and all other parties agree to indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of its employees (collectively, the “Promotion Indemnities”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Promotion Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Submissions or the Additional Materials in this Promotion, or the Entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Promotion, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Entrant and all other parties agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor or the Sponsor infringes on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission. Entrant and all other parties agree Sponsor or affiliates are in no way responsible for assisting in creating or uploading an entry for the Contest. Entrant and all other parties agree that Creating a Contest Video and the process of entering a Contest Video is the sole responsibility of the participant(s).
8. Submission Format and Content Requirements:
Your Submission may not contain, include or involve any of the following (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion):
Obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory content, data or images unsuitable for broadcast.
Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language gang signs and/or symbols.
Gratuitous violence, gun or other imagery or gestures of weapons Threats of violence.
Nudity, explicit, graphic or sexual activity.
Commercial products such as clothing, toys, food and/or their trademarks, brands, logo or endorsements.
Hard liquor use or product images.
License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email) or otherwise Website or web page links.
Illegal drug or alcohol use or abuse.
Derogatory characterizations of any handicap, disability, ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others.
Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property. Illegal (discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (i.e, inflicting emotional distress).
Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Contest Rules.
Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any third party materials (including but not limited to music) that may otherwise violate or infringe (or may infringe) any of the following:
Copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, other than Multifamilypro or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Clothing worn in the video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials.
All Submissions must be suitable for broadcast as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. No Submission shall contain any content or performance that has been broadcast or streamed, published or televised on television or other medium or as part of a recording of a motion picture film, television program or audio production or broadcast.
Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a video qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the YouTube requirements will be disqualified.
Sponsor may modify or edit any materials related to a Contest entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines. Videos must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. In such an event, the video will not be posted to the Multifamilypro YouTube page and will be disqualified from the Contest.
All submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with the Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for a prize. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a prize.
9. Selection of Winners: There are two rounds of judging in this Contest: In Round One, a panel of Multifamilypro associates and/or affiliates (the “Judges”) selected at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will select the winners. Judges will take into consideration results of comments but Judges will make the final decision for the finalists.
Judging will begin July 31,2011 and be completed on August 6, 2011. The Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all respects.
10. Categories & Prizes: GRAND PRIZE: if the winners are is already registered for Brainstorming Sessions in AZ the winners will receive a full refund on registration fees paid. If the winner is not yet registered, the company will receive free registrations to the conference Hotel, travel and incidentals not included.
Verifiable retail value (VVRV) of the prize is approximately ($525 per person attending).
12. Prize Winner Notification: A representative of Multifamilypro will announce the winner via Facebook, Twitter, , and Multifamilypro.com posted in any/all of those online venues and at the event itself; as well as notifying the winner personally. If the potential Prize Winner cannot be reached via the contact channels provided upon entry or fails to claim his/her prize prior to August 8th 2011, an alternative Prize Winner will be
selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. In addition, Multifamilypro reserves the right to select alternative Prize Winner(s) in the event that the Prize Winner(s) fails to comply with these Official Rules.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Palm Harbor, FL; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages,
other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
14. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH
PRIZE WINNER OR MULTIFAMILYPRO INTO DISREPUTE (IN MULTIFAMILYPRO’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
15. By entering this contest you agree that you and your company releases of Facebook of any liablity.
We here by acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
and that disclosure that the participant is providing information toMultifamilypro and not to Facebook.Multifamilypro assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Multifamilypro is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled votes or failure to receive votes, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest or the voting rules to this Contest. Multifamilypro is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prizes or Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Multifamilypro’s business, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Multifamilypro which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest (including, but not limited to, the online voting/comment process) or for any reason that Multifamiypro deems it necessary. Multifamilypro reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or the online voting/comment process and to determine the Prize Winners in its sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on www.OptmizationSummits.com, Twitter, Facebook, Multifamilypro.com and other Multifamilypro online points of presence, and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Multifamilypro. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Multifamilypro are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. Automated votes, or votes that have been tampered with or otherwise solicited improperly will result in disqualification of all such votes. Mulitfamilypro reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MULTIFAMILYPRO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Multifamilypro from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Multifamilypro, and hereby acknowledge that Multifamilypro has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
Entrants hereby agree to submit their entries under the following terms and conditions: (a) that Multifamilypro may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in an entry, (b) that all physical materials submitted become the property of Multifamilypro and will not be returned; (c) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (d) entrants have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for Multifamilypro to use the entries for any purpose; (e) that no entry or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone’s right of privacy or publicity; and (f) entrants indemnify and hold harmless Multifamilypro and their respective entities, officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries from any claims, suits, losses damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise from any breach of the following conditions. Entrants agree to the foregoing and in addition agree to obtain, upon request of Multifamilypro any documentation and releases necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all materials contained in their Submission Material and Multifamilypro’s right to use such materials, in whole or in part, without limitation in all media and for any purpose whatsoever without compensation.
In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted the winning Eligible Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that Eligible Entry will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Said entrant must comply with these Official Rules and, at Multifamilypro’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof or ownership of the email account.
15. Request for Name of Grand Prize Winner and Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Multifamilypro, 38565 U.S. Highway 19 North | Palm Harbor, FL 34684 Phone: 727.940.5211 | Fax: 727.940.5819
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the names of the Prize Winners must be made by July 30, 2011. Please note on the front left- hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Prize Winners.”
Powered by YouTube. YouTube, the YouTube logo, YouTube broadcast yourself are registered trademarks of YouTube