#Hashtags may have started on Twitter, but now all social media platforms support hashtags except for LinkedIn. Apartment hashtaging gives you more exposure so you can spread the word about your apartments. This allows a bigger audience to find and view your content. Also, when you hashtag multiple times on different channels, people will easily remember your hashtag. You can use a #hashtag before the keyword in mind, you will find this useful to relate content to your post.
Different Apartment Marketing Platforms
- Twitter: Because of character count restrictions, please don’t use more than two hashtags per tweet for best engagement.
- Facebook: Use two hashtags on Facebook try one popular hashtag and one custom hashtag for your apartments.
- Google+: You can also use a hashtag on Google+ to find and join a conversation about a particular topic. Click on the hashtag to show related content.
- Instagram: It allows up to 30 hashtags. However, keep it to no more than 11 per post for the highest level of engagement with your apartment residents.
- Pinterest: Use only two hashtags. It’s a category of search, so use your unique hashtag to help pinners find relevant content.
Search The #Hashtag Before You Use It:
The first thing you have to do is check the social media networks to make certain that your #hashtag isn’t being used for the wrong reason. It is worth making sure that another community isn’t using your apartment hashtag. They may be using it specifically for their promotion, this will cause confusion in your followers that click on it.
When you are using #hashtags properly, they help to create online conversation, increase apartment community awareness and increase your leases and resident engagement as well. Before using a #hashtag, you always need to search to see if other apartments are using it and what they are saying related to the #hashtag.